Buying A Home or Condo? I look forward to the opportunity to discuss your purchase plans and offer information about the current real estate market. Whether you have purchased a home in the past or are new to the process….knowing current market trends and being aware of neighborhood & home value information will be helpful in making your buying decision.
In over 25 years Greg has sold 500+ area homes and is a lifetime resident of the area. Market conditions have fluctuated through the years. His expertise in the current market, knowledge of the area and negotiating skills have been cornerstones in successfully helping his clients purchase their homes. Today’s market is very brisk, so expertise is paramount in a successful home purchase. Dedication to helping his buyer clients ‘get’ their new home has led to a growing list of satisfied clients.
In today’s market over 90% of buyersuse the internet to search for homes. Regardless of whether you already have a search set-up on your favorite site, we can also set up a search for you linked directly to the NWMLS (Northwest Multiple Listing Service…the place where all listings originate).
10 Steps To Helping You Buy Your Home:
1. Meet with you to discuss your ‘wants’ & ‘needs’. We can meet my office, your home, coffee shop or a property you want to see.
* This gives you the opportunity to share what is important to you. What is on your ‘wish’ list? What is on your ‘need’ list?
* I will answer your questions, provide information about the buying process and bring you up to speed on the market.
2. Provide names of preferred Lenders who can help you begin the process of getting pre-approved for a loan.
* If you do not already have a lender, I can recommend some of our top professionals who not only offer competitive interest rates, but outstanding service as well.
* A pre-approval letter from a lender is a must when placing an offer on a home. In fact, most sellers/listing agents will not respond to a buyer’s offer unless it is accompanied by a pre-approval letter from a reputable lender or bank. This process is easy and is one of the first recommended steps. It assures you are shopping in the right price range and can demonstrate to a seller that you’re qualified to purchase their home.
3. Access To Homes.
* Touring homes, comparing amenities and getting a ‘feel’ for the neighborhood is key to finding the right home. I’ll set-up home tours at your convenience which will allow you to see everything on your interest list.
4. Personalized Home Search and Property Information.
* A personalized home search will be set-up for you through the NWMLS with your specific criterion. As homes meeting that criterion come onto the market, you will be emailed as soon as they are listed. I will also provide neighborhood information, school, HOA, + commute info…
5. Negotiating Price and Terms.
* I will represent you, and you only, in your purchase.
* As your representative wI not only provide advice regarding your offer, but will negotiate with the seller’s agent on your behalf.
* Prior to writing an offer, I’ll do a ‘buyer’s’ market analysis (similar to what the listing agent did for the seller) and provide comparable recent sales to help you structure your offer.
6. Negotiate Home Inspection Items.
* I’ll provide the names of our preferred home inspectors for your home inspection.
* If any repair items are ‘discovered’, I will negotiate with the seller to have them fixed.
* Sellers do not have to ‘fix’ anything found in an inspection, but my job is to convince them to either fix them or credit you the cost of the repair, whichever you choose.
* I will follow through to make sure that all inspection items agreed to by the seller are completed prior to closing.
7. Strength In Representation.
* Windermere was voted Most Trusted Real Estate Brand In Washington (PSBJ).
* With local roots, we have nearly twice the market share of our nearest competitor in both listed & sold homes in the Puget Sound area.
* Windermere is the only area Real Estate Company with a written Standards Of Practice by which all agents are required to operate.
8. Paperwork & Contracts.
* I will handle all of the paperwork and contracts associated with your offer and transaction.
9. Monitor All Parts Of The Transaction & Escrow Process.
* Once a contract has been agreed upon, I will monitor your transaction as it goes through underwriting and escrow.
* There are many steps in this process and it is my job make sure it moves along smoothly and in a timely manner leads to a successful close.
* I believe in partnership and communication. You will hear from me at least twice a week via phone or email regarding the progress of your transaction.
* I believe buying a home should be a seamless and professionally managed process.
* My goal is to see that your home buying experience is not only successful, but that you receive outstanding service throughout the process.
I look forward to the opportunity of working with you.
Greg Abbott | 425.466.8786
Use this search tool to see what is for sale in your market area.